In 1956, Charles Fraser developed Sea Pines Resort into the first private, plantation community on Hilton Head Island. Sea Pines Resort is one of the largest residential and resort plantations on Hilton Head spanning 5,200 acres. Within the plantation resort are 3839 homes and 2042 villas. The community is most famous for its four championship golf courses, including the Harbour Town Golf Links, home of the PGA Tour’s annual RBC Heritage. Sea Pines is also associated with the world-recognized Harbour Town Marina and its landmark, red-and-white-striped lighthouse, built in 1969 to aid boats traveling on the Calibogue Sound. The marina hosts awe-inspiring yachts as large as 115 feet. Sea Pines has a lush, 605-acre forest preserve, access to five miles of Atlantic Ocean beaches, over 100 tennis courts, two security gates and numerous swimming pools. It is also the location of the South Beach Racquet Club, Sea Pines Racquet Club, Lawton Stables equestrian center, and restaurants and outdoor activities held at South Beach Marina Village.
- Golf – Three championship courses, including Harbour Town Golf Links – home of the Heritage, an annual PGA Tour event
- Tennis – The 23-court Sea Pines Racquet Club – ranked the number-one resort in the nation for tennis programs by TENNIS Magazine
- Beach – Five miles of Atlantic Ocean beach and the full-service of The Sea Pines Beach Club
- Outdoor Activities – More than 15 miles of paved leisure trails, a resort swimming pool, 605-acre Forest Preserve, equestrian facility, fitness center, boating and water sports at two marinas
- Eco-Adventures – Award-winning environmental explorations – including beach walks, bike tours, hay wagon rides, kayak excursions, stargazing, and more
- Horseback Riding – Meander through the lush Sea Pines Resort Forest Preserve on horseback to get a feel for the true untouched Lowcountry
- Dining & Entertainment – Delicious fare (from casual to elegant) at Live Oak, Harbour Town Bakery & Café, Topside Waterfront and The Quarterdeck Restaurant, The Harbourside Burgers & Brews, and live entertainment in a variety of venues – including Harbour Town, South Beach Village, and Sea Pines Center
- Shopping – More than 40 independently-owned and operated boutiques, featuring a range of items – from clothing and jewelry to fine art and souvenirs
- Professional spa services – Le Spa offers a full array of professional spa services and products to help you relax and rejuvenate, and is conveniently located within The Shops at Sea Pines Center
- Improved: $1018 per year
- Villa/Condo Regime Fee: from $105 to $948 per month
- Unimproved: $606 per year
- Lots: from mid $100’s to over $4mil.
- Villas/Condos: from high $100’s to $2mil.
- Homes: from high $200’s to $9mil.
- Hilton Head Island Early Childhood Center
- Sea Pines Montessori Academy (Private)
- Hilton Head Island Elementary School
- Hilton Head Island Elementary School for the Creative Arts
- Saint Francis Catholic School (Private)
- Hilton Head Island Middle School
- Hilton Head Island High School
- Hilton Head Christian Academy (Private)
- Heritage Academy (Private)
- Hilton Head Preparatory School (Private)