The popular resort and residential community known as Palmetto Dunes is located on Hilton Head Island on 1,800 well-preserved acres. Located mid-island, inside the gates are 1012 homes, 1470 villas, three miles of world-famous Atlantic Ocean beaches, 11 miles of winding lagoons, and one of the largest tennis centers on the island with 25 courts. Palmetto Dunes is home to the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa, previously the Hyatt Regency Hilton Head Resort. Also within Palmetto Dunes is the private community of Leamington. Its three public, 28-hole golf courses were designed by PGA favorites George Fazio, Robert Trent Jones, and Arthur Hills. The community ranges from year-round residents to weekend visitors, due to the wide range of lodging available.
Palmetto Dunes contains many amenities as part of its common infrastructure. In addition, there are several clubs and commercial establishments that serve the resort.
As part of our common infrastructure, owners and guests can enjoy:
- Beach access to some of the very best beachfront along the Atlantic Ocean.
- Leisure paths for walking and bicycling along the Queen’s Folly corridor and within the Mariners and Inverness sections.
- An 11-mile lagoon system that meanders through Palmetto Dunes and Leamington. Owners who live on the lagoon can keep their canoes, kayaks, and electric boats at their private docks. Others can rent canoes and kayaks at the Hilton Head Outfitters.
Palmetto Dunes also has two clubs that are open to all owners.
- PD Women’s Club is a very active women’s club with a group or activity for everyone.
- Palmetto Dunes Club is a wonderful, private, social club. Click here for more information on activities and how to join.
- Robert Trent Jones Golf Course
- George Fazio Golf Course
- Arthur Hills Golf Course
- Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center
- Palmetto Dunes General Store
- Alexander’s Restaurant
- Hilton Head Outfitters – bikes, canoes, kayaks, and other equipment rentals
- Mariner’s Side: $1500
- Inverness Side: $1500
- Leamington: $2379
- Transfer fee: $200
- Community enhancement fee: 1/4 of 1% of sales price
- Homesites: mid $200’s to $5mil.
- Condos/Villas: mid $100’s to over $2mil.
- Homes: $400’s to over $5mil.
- Hilton Head Island Early Childhood Center
- Sea Pines Montessori Academy (Private)
- Hilton Head Island Elementary School
- Hilton Head Island Elementary School for the Creative Arts
- Saint Francis Catholic School (Private)
- Hilton Head Island Middle School
- Hilton Head Island High School
- Hilton Head Christian Academy (Private)
- Heritage Academy (Private)
- Hilton Head Preparatory School (Private)
Recently Listed in Palmetto Dunes
- Homes: http://bit.ly/Palmetto_Dunes_Homes
- Condos/Villas: http://bit.ly/Palmetto_Dunes_Condos
- Homesites: http://bit.ly/Palmetto_Dunes_Lots